Terms & Conditions
Barefooters VIP Club - Terms & Conditions
All of the Barefooters VIP Club rewards are subject to the following terms and conditions and those set out on General terms and conditions:
To redeem your rewards, you just need to head to the Barefoot Bar, show your valid Barefoot Cinema ticket and your Barefooters VIP Club card, and the Barefoot team will sort you out;
The rewards are only valid to be redeemed once per person;
You are only entitled to one Barefooters VIP Club card per person;
The level of reward is based on your number of visits to Barefoot Cinema this season only, but includes all of our venues;
Except in the case of the reward for your fourth visit, the rewards will only apply based on each individual’s number of visits. For example, if you come to Barefoot Cinema for your third visit with two friends who are coming for their first time, you’ll be entitled to a free VIP upgrade and your friends will be entitled to a free popcorn. The VIP upgrade won’t apply to the whole group;
On your fourth visit, you and a lucky friend will get upgraded to the Ultimate VIP Experience and that will apply to your friend, regardless of the number of times they have visited Barefoot Cinema this season;
To redeem the VIP upgrades on your third and fourth visits, you still need to have a valid general admission ticket;
Any deliberate breach of these terms, may result in you being disqualified from the Barefooters VIP Club;
We may update these terms and conditions at our absolute discretion.
General Terms & Conditions
All tickets sold by Barefoot Cinema are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Barefoot Cinema is a licensed 18+ event only. All patrons under the age of 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Further recommended age restrictions are based on each individual screening.
- All ticket sales (including shuttle bus and car parking tickets) are final and non-transferable. Refunds and exchanges will not be made for inadvertently booking the wrong session.
- Barefoot Cinema may cancel or reschedule the event for any reason whatsoever, including if the weather conditions pose a risk to patrons or staff or if directed or required to do so by Parks Victoria or any emergency services (including the Country Fire Authority).
- Should the event be cancelled, Barefoot Cinema will contact and inform ticket holders as soon as possible and:
- subject to availability, tickets for the cancelled session will be transferable for another session during the current season;
- if there are no tickets available for the remaining sessions of the current season, the ticket holder will be entitled to a refund of the ticket price (excluding any booking or payment processing fees).
- Complimentary tickets will not be refunded if unused and are valid for the duration of the current season only.
- The ticket prices listed on our “Ticket Info” page include all booking and payment processing fees.
- Barefoot Cinema reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule, change or vary any aspect of any session during the current season without notice and Barefoot Cinema reserves the right of admission.
- Barefoot Cinema is an all-weather outdoor event that will go ahead in most weather conditions, including in the event of light or intermittent rain or during weather conditions which patrons may consider to be unsatisfactory.
- Umbrellas are not permitted to be used while watching the film as they will obstruct the view of other patrons, but guests are encouraged to bring and wear appropriate clothing and footwear for an all-weather outdoor event, suited to the weather conditions expected on the day of the session (noting the unpredictability of the weather in the area within which Barefoot Cinema is located) and umbrellas may be used before the film starts.
- It is a condition of sale that tickets may not be offered for re-sale on 3rd party websites such as eBay or Gumtree. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (without prior written consent from Barefoot Cinema). If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, it may be cancelled without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- You have a duty to exercise good judgment and act in a responsible manner while attending Barefoot Cinema and you agree that you will comply with the directions of Barefoot Cinema staff and its authorised representatives at all times.
- Barefoot Cinema reserves the right to, at its absolute discretion, eject or refuse entry to persons who are intoxicated and/or behaving inappropriately. Such persons will not be entitled to a refund of the ticket price or to exchange their tickets.
- Barefoot Cinema is set within Point Nepean National Park which is under the control of Parks Victoria and you agree to be bound by the conditions and regulations imposed by Parks Victoria when attending any session of Barefoot Cinema.
- Barefoot Cinema is a licensed event and strictly no alcohol is to be brought to the event by patrons. Barefoot Cinema may search patrons and their bags for any alcohol prior to allowing admission to the event, and may confiscate any alcohol found during such searches.
- Pets (including dogs) are absolutely not permitted into Point Nepean National Park and the event. Patrons will be refused entry to the event and asked to leave Point Nepean National Park if accompanied by such pets (including dogs).
- Barefoot Cinema does not guarantee entry to persons who have not booked for a specific session, including complimentary ticket holders, ticket voucher holders or persons holding transferable tickets from a cancelled session.
- Persons holding complimentary tickets or people holding transferable tickets from a cancelled session are strongly encouraged to pre-book their tickets for specific sessions by visiting barefootcinema.com.au, as those tickets remain subject to availability and cannot be used if the session is sold out prior.
- Patrons must not damage or remove any vegetation or property belonging to Parks Victoria or Barefoot Cinema or located within Point Nepean National Park.
- Patrons must remain within Barefoot Cinema’s designated site area and must stay within the designated pedestrian pathways if walking to and from the car park to the event site.
- Patrons using any shuttle bus service offered by Barefoot Cinema do so at their own risk and acknowledge that they may have to queue and wait for entry onto a shuttle bus if capacity has been reached.
- Patrons acknowledge that there is strictly limited car parking available at Barefoot Cinema and Point Nepean National Park and all patrons wishing to park their car at the event must have pre-purchased parking tickets.
- Patrons may be refused entry if the parking capacity has been reached and the patrons do not have a pre-purchased parking ticket.
- Any patrons that park their car at Barefoot Cinema or within Point Nepean National Park do so at their own risk.
- Open flames (excluding cigarette lighters) of any sort whatsoever must not be bought into or used at Barefoot Cinema or within Point Nepean National Park.
- Smoking is only allowed within designated areas at Barefoot Cinema.
- By entering the Barefoot Cinema event site, you agree to being filmed or photographed and to have your name, photograph and any video footage of you used for promotional or advertising purposes by any means, including on our website, on social media and in any printed, radio or television media.
- You acknowledge that you attend Barefoot Cinema at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to attend the event. The purchaser or user of the ticket voluntarily assumes the risk of injury, property damage or loss while attending Barefoot Cinema. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of attending the event.
You are responsible for all property that you bring to the event and Barefoot Cinema accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to this property.
Barefoot Cinema is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au.
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including by email, through social media, via our website www.barefootcinema.com.au, from your website, through correspondence, by telephone or interviews, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
It is unlikely we will collect any sensitive information, but in the event that we do, sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by Third Parties
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
- Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure;
- Where required or authorised by Security of Personal Information;
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Barefoot Cinema will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.
PO Box 315
Sorrento VIC 3943
0424 086 955